12.13.2014

All That Glitters

With my holiday collab with Irene of Petite Plus, Meow! starting Monday, my mind has steadily been on holiday fashion.  Wearing sparkly sequins is fun no matter what time of year it is, but it feels most appropriate around the winter holidays.
Pants:  The Limited (Similar here)
Tank:  The Limited
With five kids, it is nearly impossible to find a babysitter for New Year's, so we usually stay in or doing something out with the kids.

I don't usually have the chance to get glammed up for New Year's, but it's fun to play around with options, and when I find one I like - it can always work for date night!

I recently had an awesome photo shoot with photographer Hollie of HollieWould PIX.  She helped shoot several of the pics for my upcoming holiday series, and she also provided these photos.  If you're in the St. Louis area, I highly recommend you check out her work and give her a try!! 

Blazer:  LOFT Petites
Clutch:  Target
It was my first photo shoot with a photographer since my senior high school pics!  I'm so used to my kids taking pictures that I felt my usual awkward self at first, but by the end of the photo shoot, I was so much more comfortable.  Makes me want to have more photo shoots of the like!!

So, onto the outfit that Hollie snapped...

Today's look combines a blush sequin tank with black velvet skinnies and an ivory blazer.  I love that the look has a softness to it, but it also has a very rock-n-roll feel.

Necklace:  The Limited
Ear cuff:  Torrid (Similar here)
The faux diamond ear cuff and statement necklace add more shine to this look.  I also played around quite a bit with texture and pattern - combining the velvet and sequins with the jacquard blazer and satin/faux leather floral heels.

This look would be great for a New Year's party or holiday get-together  As I said, I would also wear this look for a date night with my crazy other half!  :-D
Shoes:  Prabal Gurung for Target (Available on eBay here)
Stay tuned tomorrow, and all next week, for more holiday fashion ideas - and more photography from HollieWould PIX!!

Do you tend to stay in for New Year's or go out?  What will you be wearing this New Year's?

For these pants in other looks, see here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.
For this top in other looks, see here.
For this blazer in other looks, see here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!