2.20.2015

Black Pants for Work 2: Monochromatic Ruffles

Happy Friday!!

Today', I'm continuing my series on black pants for work with simple black skinny pants.  If you missed yesterday's post, you can catch it here.

Over the last few years, skinny jeans and pants have become a new classic shape for pants, and I love the streamlined feel that they create.

Jacket:  Eloquii (Available here)
 
Pants:  The Limited Petites (Available here)
For work earlier this week, I paired the skinnies with a black and white ruffled peplum jacket.  The jacket has a statement feel with its simple color palette and large ruffle.  The basic pants allow the jacket to take center stage, and the fitted shape on the legs accentuates curves. 

I kept the entire outfit monochromatic by adding a black and white tote and coordinating earrings.
Purse:  Target
Earrings:  trendylittlepieces and Target (Similar here and Available here)
I wore booties for comfort and a little added warmth, but I do think a simple pump would have elongated the leg more and added to the streamlined feel of this look.
Boots:  Target
Cuff:  New York & Company
I will say though that simple looks like this are sometimes my favorite.  Easy and chic in their simplicity, they really make the woman wearing the outfit stand out rather than the other way around!

For more looks from my first black pants for work series, see here, here, here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!