2.28.2015

Maximizing on Winter

During certain phases in college, I practically lived in maxi skirts.  I went to school during a few extremely brutal winters, but I still wore these skirts.  At the time, I would layer my skirts over tights and even knee socks and/or knee boots. 
Skirt:  Eloquii (Available here)
I had forgotten about these style hacks.  I've been wanting to wear some of my maxi skirts, but it has seemed too cold for such a breezy option. 

Remembering my styling tricks from college, I threw on some tights and knee high boots with my newest maxi skirt and stayed nice and toasty!

Top:  Eloquii (Available here)
Blazer:  The Limited (Similar here)
This cobalt blue color is one of my absolute favorite colors, and I love the waistband and pleating details.  Blue is a huge color trend for spring - in fact, there are four shades on Pantone's spring 2015 color palette!

This is the first bottom I've purchased from Eloquii, and I'm so happy with it.  It's supposed to be a midi skirt, but since I'm petite - instant maxi.  I'm sort of loving the midi skirt trend because if I want a maxi skirt, I can get one right now without having it altered!!

Clutch:  Vintage
Bracelets:  LOFT
I am normally a 12 on bottom, and Eloquii starts at a 14, so the waist is a little big, but that's an easy enough fix if I decide to alter it.  The skirt is unlined and is a tad sheer, so I added a slip which also added a little extra warmth.

I wanted the waistband on the skirt to stand out, so I paired the skirt with an off-white crop top also from Eloquii.  Since I wore this to work for yesterday's casual Friday, I threw on a blazer for a professional edge.

Rings:  Torrid
Mixed metal accessories, including my super cool pendant from Antiquarian Couture, completed the look.
Pendant:  Antiquarian Couture (See more options here)
Earrings:  trendylittlepieces - etsy
If you're in the St. Louis area, you can pick up some of Antiquarian Couture's pieces at Cheap Trx or Rabbits and Rags, or contact the designer directly here.  Check out the lovely Jill of Stilettos on Sunday Morning to see another piece styled from Antiquarian Couture.

For the blazer in other looks, see here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here and here.

For the necklace in another look, see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!