2.27.2015

Working It Like A Boss

Happy Friday, everyone!!

I'm wrapping up the week with a new work wear post.  Work clothes can become exceptionally boring, but since our image matters in the workplace, it is important to toe the professional line.
Blouse:  The Limited (Available here)
If you're lucky enough to work at a more creative company or one with a casual/relaxed dress code, your options become more plentiful.  Since I work in a business casual environment of a conservative industry, I generally try to stick to pieces that have polish and that aren't too loud.

That said, I don't think there's anything wrong with being a little dramatic at times, and that's the vibe I was feeling with today's look.

Cape:  Boohoo (No longer available)
I did a twist on the classic black pantsuit by pairing black skinnies with my black capelet jacket from boohoo. 

The minty aqua bow blouse added a fun pop of print and color while being a very classic work style.


This aqua color mixed with red is one of my very favorite color combinations, so I threw on red peep-toe heels and added a red clutch for a slightly flirty mix.
Pants:  The Limited (Available here)
Clutch:  Vintage
Cuff:  The Limited
Heels: Target
The bright colors, leopard print blouse and cape made me feel bold and in control.
It's nice to feel like a boss...even if, like me, you're NOT the boss!  :-)

For the capelet in other looks, see here and here.
For the pants in other looks, see here, here, here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!