2.18.2015

LBD Love

Sorry I've been out of commission for a while.  Busy days and nights at work took their toll, and I developed a cold which led to a nasty bout of bronchitis.  Got meds and starting to feel much better!  

Today, I'm back with a new outfit post talking about the ubiquitous little black dress or LBD.  The LBD got its reputation as a wardrobe must-have for a good reason.  They are versatile enough to work for a variety of situations.
Dress:  eShakti (Available here)
While this dress is too short for work, it is a perfect dress for evenings as well as weekends.  Having first dressed this one up with sexy lace-up heels, for today's take, I wanted to give it a more casual spin.
Jacket: Torrid (Available here)
Booties:  Target
Wristlet:  Torrid
I paired my lace-up tunic from eShakti with a faux leather moto jacket and more casual shooties.

The weather has been so all over the place this winter.  The weekend before last, it was over 60 degrees Fahrenheit.  This past weekend it snowed.


I had planned on wearing this look for a casual dinner date with the man during that warm weekend, but as the sun started to go down, so did the temperatures, and I ended up changing my look. 

In case you haven't noticed by all my recent bare leg photos, I'm ready for warm weather!!  It's actually been a pretty mild winter in my area, but I'm sooooo not a cold weather gal. 

Sunglasses: Calvin Klein
I did previously wear the dress and jacket out to dinner with plum tights and booties.  I've gotten really lazy with wearing tights as of late, which means I've mostly been sticking to pants for the work week, but they're definitely a great option for still wearing your favorite skirts and dresses during the colder months!
If you're a skirt/dress wearer, do you find yourself reaching for more pants in the winter?  How do you mix up your LBDs for more wear?

For the jacket in other looks, see here, here, here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!