1.31.2014

Black Pants for Work: Subtle Details

I work in a conservative business casual office setting.  It can be hard to stay true to my personal style while still keeping my outfits work-appropriate.  I feel like I spend most of my waking hours in office clothes, so it's a constant challenge to me to find a way around the restrictiveness of work dress codes.  I try to find ways of keeping my office looks interesting with fun details and subtle design.  

Today, I'm starting a series on a wardrobe workhouse for many of us - black pants.
Pants:  New York & Company Petites (Similar here)
Blouse:  The Limited (Available here)
Black pants are my go-to work staple.  I practically live in them, and a week doesn't go by in the winter where I'm don't wear black pants at least once or twice.  I think I like them because they seem less stodgy than tan or grey might.  Black pants can get a little boring though, so I am always looking for ways to keep them interesting with details like the satin tuxedo stripe on these trousers.
Blazer:  The Limited (Similar here)
Clutch:  The Limited (Similar here)
Boots:  Target (Available here)

The ivory blazer has a subtle herringbone design that complements the floral pattern on this satin bow blouse.

Floral is not usually the first pattern for which I reach, but I loved this blouse at first sight. The floral pattern has a slight Asian influence, and the color combination of orange, black, tan, and ivory is lovely.

Bracelets:  World Market, Express
Earrings:  The Limited
Do you have a work dress code?  Do you ever get bored with your work clothes?  How important are black pants in your wardrobe?

For this blazer in other looks, see here, here, here, and here.

2 comments:

  1. House in the HeightsJanuary 31, 2014 at 11:49 PM

    Black pants are a definite staple!!! Especially when I can make them work with flats that I can run around all day in....but I agree with you: they can get boring! Looking forward to your series for inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I love black skinny pants because they work so easily with flats or heels. I work in an office and can get by with heels, but it's still nice to have the option to wear flats or change into them after work!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!