2.19.2015

Black Pants for Work 2: Sailor Stripes

I've been working long hours lately which means I haven't been able to get a lot of blog photos in and the ones I've been doing have mostly been at night, which means the quality isn't as great as I'd like.

Pants:  New York & Company (Sold out on-line; may be available in stores)
Cami:  The Limited
That said, I did want to share with you some recent office looks.  Black pants are a workwear staple, and I love finding new cuts and accents for black pants and coming up with different ways to wear them.
Blazer:  Outback Red by The Limited
Earrings:  House of Harlow 1960 (WON! from giveaway at Economy of Style)

Boots:  Target
When cold winter weather hits, it can be hard to find the motivation to get very creative with work looks.  Black pants always look great, and since they go with everything, it is easy to change up your look without having to put forth a ton of effort.

Last year, I offered up my first "Black Pants for Work" series with the following posts:
Subtle Details
High-Waisted Trousers
 
Teal and Brocade
I Adore Me
Modern Tuxedo

Since I've been living in black pants lately, I figured why not do it again?
Satchel:  The Limited
Today's look has a spring nautical inspiration - sailor pants, a striped tank, and red. While the look has a spring feel, it's warm enough for winter wear.

Wide leg pants are coming back big for spring, so these are right on trend while still having a very classic feel.

How do you make your black pants feel fresh for work?

For the tank in other looks, see here, here, and here.
For the blazer in other looks, see here, here, here, here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!