2.01.2015

Playing with Proportions

Happy Sunday!!

For today's look, I wanted to play with proportions a bit, pairing a cropped sweater with a longer button down top.  Layering a longer top under a crop top is a great way to make your crop tops more versatile and to make them suitable for work.  
Skirt:  The Limited
Sweater:  eloquii (Available here)
I would have loved some leopard print booties with this look, but since I didn't have any, I tried two different shoe options.

For the first look, I paired my faux leather pencil skirt with black booties.

Booties:  Target
Blouse:  The Limited (Available here)
Purse:  Express
I added my leopard print coat to get the pop of print that I wanted.
Coat:  Old Navy Petites
Necklace:  Ann Taylor
For the second look, I went with leopard print heels.  The pumps make the outfit a little more office-ready. 
Heels:  Target
I really love the comfort of booties though, and I've been looking for some leopard print ones for a while.  I think if I can find a pair that works for me that they will be a great addition to my shoe wardrobe.
Do you layer crop tops? Which styling do you prefer?

For this skirt in other looks, see here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.

For this top in other looks, see here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!