8.16.2016

Indie Spotlight: Honey's Child Boutique

For today's Indie Spotlight, I wanted to feature a local plus size store that I recently tried for the first time - Honey's Child Boutique
Skirt:  Honey's Child Boutique (Sold out on-line; shop more skirts here)
Located in downtown St. Louis on Washington Avenue, this boutique also has a web site, so you can have treasures shipped to you wherever you are!  I had been aware of this shop for quite a while, but for some reason, I had never given it a-go.  I'm so glad that I finally did.  I recently ordered two pieces, and I'm really in love with both of them - I featured the striped harem jumpsuit I got from them previously, but today, I'm rocking this dramatic striped maxi skirt. It is sold out, but this shop is continually re-stocking with new treasures.
Tank:  Mossimo for Target (old)
I love black and white stripes, and I was really drawn to the pairing of vertical and horizontal stripes on this one, the self-tie belt, and the POCKETS!!!
Jacket:  Forever 21+ (old)
This skirt is such a statement piece that I wanted to keep things simple on top.  A mustard yellow tank was a good accompaniment, and the look was a great pairing for my black, white, and gold striped necklace.
Necklace:  The Limited
Clutch:  Cameo de Bore (Sold out on-line; shop more clutches here)
Since I decided to wear this skirt to work, I needed a topper to cover my arms and keep me warm in the air conditioning.  A cropped tuxedo jacket was a good fit, allowing me warmth without being overpowering with the full maxi skirt.
Glasses:  Coach
Sunglasses:  Tory Burch
I really enjoy wearing yellow, but surprisingly, I haven't worn much yellow this year and really don't have a lot of yellow in my closet anymore.  I plan to change that with some more mustard pieces this fall, but I leave you with my one other yellow look this year - a citron midi and tee paired with a blue moto jacket.
Spring Double Feature:  Citron Chartreuse
Get more inspiration and ways to wear yellow from my previous Color and Confidence series here and here.

Miss my previous Indie Spotlights?  Catch up with Myrda J and Zelie for She.

Cuff:  Eloquii
For the tank in another look, see here.
For the cropped jacket in other looks, see here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.


Are you an independent designer or clothing store who would like to be featured on the blog?  Send me an e-mail at stylecassentials29@gmail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!