5.03.2014

Styling for the Changing Seasons

Happy Saturday!

Hope your weekend is off to a great start!  Today, I'm back with a little workplace fashion.  

Dress:  The Limited
I wore this dress during the winter with a faux leather jacket, tights, and boots.  When warmer weather hit, I lost the tights, added sandals, and opted for a cropped 3/4 sleeve jacket. 

It was a little chilly in the office, so I brought along the ivory wrap (tied to my bag) for extra warmth during the day.
Jacket:  Forever 21+
Sandals:  Target (old)
I added blue and silver bangles to bring out the blue colorblocking on the dress.
Bracelets:  Target, LOFT, Express
While I usually purchase clothing out of desire for a particular piece, I also try to be mindful of how each item I buy can be worn in various ways and in multiple seasons.  I can think of at about a half dozen ways to style this dress for work and weekends, so for me, this dress was a worthwhile purchase.
Satchel:  Target (Available here)
Scarf:  ??? (about 20 years old)
Do you factor in versatility into your clothing purchase decisions?  What are some ways you transition pieces from season to season?

For this dress in another look, see here.
For this jacket in other looks, see here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!