12.31.2012

Workin' into the New Year!

Happy New Year's Eve, everyone!!!

New Year's Eve is one of my favorite holidays, second only to Halloween.  New Year's Eve reminds me of the cyclical nature of time and of all life.  I love the idea of rebirth and renewal that a new year brings.  As 2012 draws to a close, I am reflecting on the challenges and triumphs of the last year and looking forward to 2013.

I'm not a major resolution maker, but I do take the opportunity of New Year's to think about my goals and plans for the next year and to reflect on how I can make myself a better person than I was the last yearOne of my great sources of joy in 2012 has been starting this blog and watching it grow.  I'm still in the infantile stages, but I am excited and eager to continue this journey!

I had to work today, but I still wanted a bit of a festive look for the day.  I am always up for a tuxedo-inspired look, and I love the simplicity of this monochromatic look.

Blazer:  The Limited (No longer available on-line; see here)
Top:  The Limited (Available here)
Pants:  The Limited
Heels:  Target (Available here)
The draped Grecian-inspired knit top is super comfortable, and the draping is flattering.

My plans for New Year's include watching movies, playing Wii, and drinking sparkling grape juice with my kiddos, which means I'll probably be in sweats tonight.

Necklace:  World Market (old)
Purse:  The Limited (old)
Ring:  The Limited (old)
Going out for New Year's?  Would love to see your looks!  "Like" me on Facebook and post your New Year's looks!

Hope you all have a wonderful and safe New Year's Eve!

See you in 2013!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!