4.29.2015

Kaleidoscopes

I saw this dress while shopping at Target, and I just had to grab it.  The neon kaleidoscope print is so cool.  It also has a cute cutout back detail that will be great for when I wear this for more casual occasions.
Dress:  Target (Available here)
Since I wore this to work, I added my trusty blazer to give the dress a little more professional polish.
Blazer:  Eloquii
Booties:  Target (Available here)
The neon necklace helped pull the look together and added a fun touch.
Necklace:  The Limited
Ring:  Torrid


Cuff:  New York & Company
I didn't snap a before look, so I'm posting the photo of the dress from the web site to show you the alterations I made. 
Source:  Target.com
BEFORE:  Has double-layer hem
It's difficult to see, even on the web site photo, but the dress had a double layer, which created almost a ruffle effect at the bottom hem.  I wasn't crazy about this part of the dress, and since the dress was a little too long, I simply cut the bottom "ruffle" out of the dress.  I prefer the simpler silhouette of the dress, and I'm all about free and easy alterations!!

Never be afraid to change how a piece is made to suit your own preferences and to get the right fit.  If you're willing to take those steps and trust your gut, you can really make mass-produced clothing your own.  While shopping, I often think about how I can change pieces to accomodate my needs or preferences.


I can't wait to wear this dress with sandals for a easy summer look!
AFTER:  One layer - easy, peasy alterations
Do you have any tricks for making your clothes and accessories work for you?
Satchel:  The Limited
For the blazer in other looks, see here, here, here, here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!