1.13.2014

Fashion Favorites: Cobalt Moto Jacket 7 Ways

Since I'm not feeling well this week, I thought it would be a great time to do a fashion recap of some of my favorite clothing items.

I'm all about versatility in my wardrobe.  When I shop for new clothing, I usually consider a couple of key factors:
  • Do I love the item?  Is it special or unique?  Does it speak to me?
  • Does the piece work with other items in my wardrobe?  I usually won't buy an item if I can't come up with at least three distinct outfits.
  • What's the estimated cost-wear ratio?  While I can't always guesstimate how much I'll love and wear a piece when I buy it, I try to gauge the cost of an item against how often I expect to wear it.  I'm willing to pay more for pieces that I will wear often and try to save on those that won't get a lot of regular wear.
This moto jacket is one of my favorite pieces in my wardrobe.  I found it on clearance, and it's one of my favorite colors.  I love the versatility of this piece and find myself reaching for it quite often.

Here are some of the ways I've worn it over the last year:
Neon Edge
Adventures in Traveling:  Indiana, Ohio, and Hershey, Pennsylvania
Adventures in Traveling:  NYC
Fall 2013 Fashion Trends:  (Faux) Leather
Spring Romance
Singin' the Blues:  Casual Rock-n-Roll
It's My Birthday, and I Can Wear What I Want To
Are you a fan of moto jackets?  What factors do you consider when buying new items for your wardrobe?

2 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon Cassie! But yeah I love moto jackets and i love the color of yours. I have a red one that I don't wear too often, but this is great inspiration for me to find different ways to wear mine! :)


    Nina
    http://curvymod.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nina! I think you could wear a red moto jacket in most of these outfits - just substituting the colors of the other pieces in some cases. For example, I think an outfit similar to the first one would look awesome with your jacket in a red-blue-yellow or red-orange-yellow combination!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!