2.06.2014

Burgundy Suiting


There was a time not too long ago when you wouldn't catch me in an outfit like today's look.  While I might have worn the burgundy pants and definitely would have worn the blazer, wearing them together would have seemed like too much color or too "wild."

Now, the idea of a burgundy "suit" seems fun.  Since burgundy is such a deep shade of red, it has a subtlety that I think works really well for pulling off a colored suit in an office setting.

Blazer:  Ann Taylor Petites (sleeves shortened) (Available here)
Pants:  The Limited (Similar here)
Blouse:  The Limited (Sold out on-line; may be available in stores)
Heels:  Target (Similar here)
I kept the shoes burgundy for a clean head-to-toe line and added a black bow-neck blouse for a bit of dark contrast. 

I'm not sure that I would wear this outfit as part of my regular rotation, but it's definitely fun to mix things up a bit and try something new.

Tote:  The Limited
Bracelets:  Express, The Limited
Would you wear head-to-toe burgundy?

To see these pants in other outfits, see here and here.
For this blazer in another look, see here.

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully burgundy. The blazer and pants look lovely, and so does your blouse. Nice pair of pumps to go with everything. I also dig the handbag, your sweet smile, and your lovely hairstyle.

    johnbmarine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!