2.09.2014

Fun Valentine's Day Prints: Kisses and Hearts

Happy Sunday, everyone!!

Hope you're all having a relaxing day.  I've had a wonderful weekend so far and am feeling great. 

Right now, I'm making plans for our Valentine's Day celebration.  I'm a big fan of V-Day.  It's a day that celebrates love, and since we need more love in this world, Valentine's Day is wonderful in my book.

For me, Valentine's Day is about love and romance - NOT flowers, candy, or jewelry.  I especially hate that the commercialization of Valentine's Day has made it one in which men are expected to perform and cater to their sweethearts through the purchasing of material goods.  Our Valentine's Day celebration will not be about gifts - it will be about shared experiences and mutual gratification. 

Of course, it will also be about fashion (as almost everything is!! :-)).  I've got a few Valentine's Day looks in mind, which I will share with you later.

Today, I'm featuring a few of my recent Valentine's Day-inspired work outfits featuring fun prints.
Pants:  The Limited (Similar here)
Blouse:  The Limited (Available here)
Blazer:  New York & Company Petites
The first includes a kiss print blouse I recently picked up from The Limited.  I already had a similar blouse in navy and red (featured here), but I just couldn't resist.  The black and pink color combination is one of my top five favorite color combinations, and since I wear so much black, I knew that this one would get a lot of wear.
Clutch:  The Limited (Available here)
Heels:  Target (Available here)
Amazingly, the pink blazer I already had in my closet was a perfect match for the blouse.  Black skinnies and stilettos completed the look.

A heart shaped locket added a simple but sweet finishing touch.
Locket:  Target (old) (Similar here)
Earrings:  The Limited (Available here)

For last Friday's casual work look, I wore this heart print blouse.  Friday was the annual Go Red for Women - a day to wear red in support of women's heart health.
Blouse:  New York & Company (old)
Blazer:  The Limited (Similar here)

Clutch:  The Limited (Available here)
Bracelet:  The Limited (old)
As heart disease is the leading cause of death of women in the United States, greater awareness to the signs and symptoms of heart disease in women is greatly needed.  I decided my red heart blouse was a perfect choice for this day. 

While I enjoy this blouse, I am not a huge fan of this outfit. I was trying to come up with a new way to wear the top, but I wasn't very happy with the result.  I much prefer the combos I wore here and here.
Jeans:  The Limited (Available here and Similar here)
Tank:  Old Navy (Similar here)
Boots:  Fergalicious by Fergie (Available here)
What do you think?  Are you a fan of Valentine's Day?  Have any fun plans you'd like to share?  Do you like kiss prints and/or heart prints?

For the pink blazer in other looks, see here, here, and here.
For the white jeans in other looks, see here, here, here, here, and here.

For more Valentine's Day inspiration, please check out my lingerie post here and my post for petite plus V-Day looks on The Curvy Fashionista here.

Valentine's Day is also a great reminder of the importance of loving one's self - check out this post for one of my strategies towards greater self love.

3 comments:

  1. Those are both super cute outfits Cassie! But I have to say I love the first one the best because I love black and pink also, it's such a great combination. But I also like black and white with red too, that's why I think its really cute too. I'm not a big Valentine's day person, I'm probably just going to stay in and watch the Olympics. lol But yeah I think kiss and heart prints are cute and I like the ones your wearing but when there really big I'm not too sure about.

    Nina
    http://curvymod.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are just no words for how much I love the kiss print blouse! Both of these outfits are totally adorable, and your choice for Go Red is absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably isn't coincidence I blog about lip prints in my fashion blog... and here you are with lip print garments! You are dressed very nicely. Nice little close-up of you and your pretty smile and hairstyle. If I were choosing between the black/pink blouse and the red/white blouse, I'd go with the black/pink blouse. Lovely style by you.

    johnbmarine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!