7.08.2013

The Dark Side of the Sun

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! 
Pants:  The Limited Black Collection (old)
Blazer:  The Limited Black Collection (old) (Similar here)
Today's look is the epitome of my style - simple black, somewhat androgynous pieces, mixed with a few unique or trendier touches.  

To mix the look up and give the outfit a sexier and cooler vibe, I added in an on-trend cropped bustier top and neon yellow pumps. 
Top:  Target (Similar here)
Shoes:  Target (Available here)
Belt:  Express Men (old) + older buckle
Clutch:  Target (Similar here)
Finishing off this look, I added a sun-buckled belt, bangles, and crystal dangly earrings.  

I love the little pops of yellow on the top and the pumps which bring it out.  The silver sun is cool in contrast to the warm golds, oranges, and yellows that typically make me think of sunlight. 
Earrings:  Prabal Gurung for Target
Bracelets:  Express and The Limited
In astronomy, the dark side of the sun refers to the area of the sun that we don't usually see.  Here, it refers to the cooler/darker color combination and a side of me you don't usually see.

In a continued effort towards complete self-love and self-acceptance, I find myself reaching for pieces that only a few months ago would have been outside of my comfort zone.  As much as I loved the midriff trend, I wasn't sure it was for me. 

I'm 35, and I wore cropped tops back in my early twenties.  Was I too old to wear this trend again? 

I also don't have the same tummy that I did in my twenties.  Was I simply too fat to wear the trend?
At the end of the day, my love of fashion has won out against any self-doubt.  My artistic spirit has conquered my critical one. 

To paraphrase Neil Armstrong, that's one small step for womankind, one giant leap for this woman.   :-)



More looks with this blazer here, here, here, here, here, and here.
To see matching skirt in other looks, see here and here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!