7.24.2013

Skirt Week: Drama Queen

Hi everyone!  Today kicks off Skirt Week, and I'm super excited about this first look.
Skirt: The Limited (Available here)
Clutch:  Jason Wu for Target (Available on eBay here)
Tank:  Torrid (Available here)
I fell in love with this skirt from The Limited the second I saw it and just knew I had to make it mine!  The mini with sheer overlay is a clever and sexy way to show off the legs while still having some coverage.
Shoes:  Target
I hear a lot of petites say that they can't wear maxi skirts because they are too long.  Well, this one was definitely too long, but hemming is generally one of the easiest and least expensive tailoring options.  At 4'9", I have virtually all of my pants and skirts hemmed, even petites sizes.

I had both layers of the skirt hemmed to get the right fit, and I couldn't be happier with the result.
Jade ring:  Vintage (Similar here)
I have some ideas for how to style this skirt for early fall, but after playing dress up for a bit, I came up with this dramatic summer evening look.

I love how these separates create the look of a dress. 
The bold beaded chainlink necklace adds to the drama and really works with this simple color palette and easy, flowy pieces.
Necklace:  Target
Do you like the trend of sheer maxi skirts layered over minis?

For this top in another look, see here.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!