7.17.2013

Dress Week: Tribal-Inspired

Global-inspired fashion was a huge trend on spring runways (see more here). 

I've long been inspired by everyday clothing and costume from around the world.  I'm particularly inspired by tribal clothing and jewelry - the rich textures, vibrant colors, and interesting metal work have influenced my home decor, and today, they influence my fashion choices.
Dress:  LOFT Petites (Available here)
Purse:  Target (Available here)

I added a tribal-inspired necklace and zebra print bag to a bright orange dress for a fun evening look.  I especially love the bright orange of this dress paired with the bright citrine bag.  I tucked the strap into the bag to use the bag as a clutch, giving it a slightly dressier feel.
Necklace:  LOFT
Cuff:  New York & Company (Similar here)
Jacket:  LOFT Petites (Available in regular sizes here)
I purchased this strapless dress recently from LOFT.  The fit was a little off, and the dress kept sliding down in an unflattering way.  Since I needed the dress hemmed, I decided to use the extra fabric to add straps to prevent slippage.  
Shoes:  Target (Available here)
Little tweaks like adding straps are an inexpensive and easy way to make pieces work for you.   
Do you like tribal-inspired fashion?  What are your fashion inspirations?

For this jacket in another look, see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!