7.25.2013

Skirt Week: Cabana Coral

Happy Thursday!
Skirt:  The Limited (Available here)
Tee:  The Limited (Available here)
Today's casual look makes me long for the beach.  It's perfect with a floppy hat for a cantina brunch or for sipping daquiris under a cabana.

I wish I had this outfit during my trip to the Cape, but this outfit works well as a casual summer outfit in the city as well!

Necklace:  The Limited (Sold out on-line; Similar here)
Bracelet:  The Limited (Available here)
The hooded sandals give the draped jersey skirt a little bit of an urban edge that made it perfect for a casual after-work dinner last night.
Sandals:  Target (old)
This skirt fits me longer than it was intended, but I liked the midi-length and decided not to have it altered.

This outfit is not the most flattering in the usual sense of the word. It accentuates my shortness, for example.  I'm okay with that!  There's plenty of tall people in the world - why not embrace petiteness?

See more discussion of the notion of "flattering" here.


What does "flattering" mean to you in regards to fashion?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!