7.09.2013

Printed Shorts in Redbook!!!

Today I bring you exciting news that I have been anxiously waiting to share! 

In April, I was contacted by Redbook magazine about being featured in an upcoming issue of the magazine.  I was told that I needed an image wearing printed shorts for their August 2013's "Real Style" feature. 

I sent in several images in a few different printed shorts outfits, and this is the one they chose:

Shorts:  The Limited (No longer available; Similar here)
Blouse:  The Limited (Available here)
Page 77, August 2013 issue, courtesy of Redbook Magazine
 The runners-up here and below:
This one and the one below were my favorites!!
Blazer:  The Limited
Clutch:  The Limited
Heels:  Target (Available here)
Bracelets:  Target
Peplum top:  Forenza by The Limited
Blazer:  The Limited (Available here)
Earrings:  Target
Bracelets:  Target, The Limited
I am so over the moon about being contacted by Redbook.  While I would be excited about any national feature, I love that Redbook takes a very affirmative approach to including women of various shapes, sizes, and ethnic identities in their magazine.  It's an honor to be included in a magazine that appreciates the diversity of female beauty.  In my opinion, women's magazines, including Redbook, have a long way to go towards full inclusion, but Redbook stands as a shining example that the tide is changing.  It's so fulfilling to be part of their trailblazing efforts!

It's also ironic that the feature was on shorts - I have just started to break out of my shorts-phobia.  Shorts would not have been my first choice for my first major feature, but in the end, I think it was perfect! So many women that I know hate shorts and refuse to wear them because they don't think they're flattering or they are embarrassed of their thighs.  Not too long ago, I was one of those women! 

If you like the look of shorts but have been held back by self-doubt, it's time to challenge those fears and rock those legs!!!    :-D

For the ivory blazer in other looks, see here, here, and here.
For the peplum top in other looks, see here.
For the navy blazer in other looks, see here, here, here, and here.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!