5.15.2015

Working Florals

Hope you all had a great week!!  I'm so happy it's the weekend I can't even tell you!

But, while I'm enjoying some respite, I've actually got a recent work look to share with you.
Dress:  The Limited (Available here)
This floral dress isn't something I would typically pick, but I just loved the color palette.  It has a slight 60s vibe, and I thought it would be a great addition to my work wardrobe.
Sweater:  New York & Company (Available here)
Purse:  The Limited
Lately, I keep steering towards evening fashion and other types of clothes that aren't really appropriate for work, so I think this was a good choice. 
Booties:  Target
Ring:  Vintage

Locket:  Vintage
The dress is a little bit shapeless on its own, but I would still wear it by itself.
Since it's always cold in the office, a drapey navy sweater kept me cozy.  It's hard to see in the photos, but the flowers of the dress are outlined in navy.  I think I could also get by with pairing the dress with black to add more layering options.
I'm glad I found another work option. I see this dress as one that can transition well into colder weather and will add some liveliness to winter weather.  Versatility is becoming increasingly important to me, so I try to think of at least a few ways of wearing a piece before I invest.

How do you decide whether to purchase a new piece? 

For the sweater in another look, see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!