5.24.2015

Skirt Week 2: Summer Basics

Skirt Week 2 continues today with another maxi skirt.  I styled this two ways - for an easy after-work look and for a casual Friday at work.
Skirt:  Eloquii (Available here)
A black maxi skirt, like black pants or a black pencil skirt, is a wardrobe basic. 
Tee:  LOFT (Available here)
Pairing it with a white sleeveless tee, as I did in the casual look, could be a little plain and boring, but I threw on a bright printed scarf to add visual interest.  Flip flops completed the comfy look.
Scarf:  Eva Mendes for New York & Company
I wish I had tucked the top in a bit more for the photos as it looked a little better and less sloppy that way, but overall, I wore this with comfort in mind so it was great.
Sunglasses:  Calvin Klein
Ring:  Purchased at local jewelry show
Since it got chilly the evening I wore this, I threw on my black moto jacket, and it was a good choice for a casual after work dinner out with the man and kids.
Earrings:  The Limited
For work, I maintained the color palette, but added a blazer with a textured print and wore booties instead of flip flops.
Blazer:  LOFT Petites
Booties:  Target
Glasses:  Firmoo.com (Available here)
How do you make your basics a little less boring?

For the blazer in other looks, see here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!