4.13.2013

Date Night Chic

Jeans:  Torrid (Available here)
Blazer:  The Limited (Similar here)
I come up with more evening/date night clothing ideas than I get a chance to wear.   My personal aesthetic in fashion steers more towards evening looks.  Unfortunately, my work life (corporate office) and home life (five kids and a man who both works and is in school full-time) mean limited opportunities for going-out fashion.

Blouse:  The Limited
Heels:  Target (Available here)
Earrings:  Target
That's where playing dress up comes in.  I have loved playing dress up ever since I can remember.  I didn't play dress-up to engage in fantasy play that I was a princess or a superhero.  Instead, I made up commercials in front of the mirror advertising the "new fashion boutique" that just opened, describing in detail whatever crazy look I had created. 
Clutch:  Target (Available in stores)
My love for playing dress up has never really gone away, and today's look was one created while doing just that.   Today's look pairs skinny jeans with a sequined blouson tank and tuxedo blazer.
Bracelet:  eBay (Similar here)
I love the sexy laid-back vibe of this look.  I would definitely wear this look out for a dinner date with the man.

Do you like to play dress up?


For this blazer in other looks, see here and here.
To see this blouse styled differently, see here and here.
For these jeans in another look, see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!