3.27.2013

Spring 2013 Fashion Preview: Tailored shorts

The cold weather is ruining my spring fashion buzz, leaving me a little less than inspired in coming up with new outfit ideas that I can actually wear right now.

So, instead, I'm featuring one of spring's major fashion trends:  tailored shorts.  Bermuda shorts are hugely popular for spring, but you can also find plenty of mid-length shorts as well.

I'm a hesitant shorts fan.  To wear shorts in an easy, breezy way for summer can sometimes be a little too casual for my tastes.  Then, there's the dreaded chub rub problem and riding up that shorts often seem to do.

That said, I love the idea of tailored shorts for a slightly dressier look during the spring and summer.  My favorite way to wear shorts is for evening.  I love wearing shorts in dressier fabrics (silk, lace, leather) with heels for a summer evening out.

Below are my picks from the runway: 
Work/Day looks:
Rachel Comey Spring 2013 look
Source:  www.elle.com
Emporio Armani Spring 2013 look
Source:  www.thefashionspot.com

Evening:
Gianfranco Ferré Spring 2013 look
Source:  www.elle.com
 Casual looks:
Mara Hoffman Spring 2013 look
Source:  www.realbeauty.com
Nicole Miller Spring 2013 look
Source:  www.realbeauty.com

 More attainable options:
LOFT printed walking shorts
The Limited denim metro shorts
Forever 21 shorts
ASOS shorts

Do you like wearing shorts?  How do you like to wear them?  Casual? Work?  Evening?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!