9.05.2012

Chiffon and Lace and Bows...Oh My!

Hi everyone!

I love pairing looks around accessories.  Sometimes, I'll pick out a necklace or other accessory and plan my outfit around it.  Today, I planned my outfit around these "love" tights.
Tights:  The Limited (Available here)
Belt:  The Limited (Available here)
Boots:  Payless
Yes, it's still a little too hot for tights, but I am READY for fall!  :-)
When you are on a budget, fun and trendy accessories and hosiery can be a wallet-friendly way of updating and transitioning your look.
Dress:  The Limited (Available here)
Leather Tote: 
The Limited (Similar:  here)
I purchased this dress over the summer.  It is lightweight and flowy, making it perfect for the hot summer months, but by adding tights and boots, it becomes fall-appropriate.  Using accessories like these fun tights to transition and update your wardrobe is a great way of expanding your clothing possibilities without having to add new items to your closet.
Jade ring:  Vintage (gift)
Blazer:  The Limited (Similar:  here)
This look is ultra-feminine (bows, lace, chiffon, and love), but the color palette and boots toughens the look up enough to keep it from being too girly. 

Honestly, I think I would have preferred this look with some heels rather than these particular boots.  I would definitely wear these boots with this dress again, but with opaque black tights.  Live and learn.  :-)
Do you use accessories and shoes to transition your wardrobe for year-round wear?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!