9.10.2012

Chocolate Watercolors

As is probably obvious by now, black is by far my go-to neutral.  Whether worn with other neutrals, brights, pastels, deep colors or head-to-toe, I can't seem to get enough of the color black.  

In my opinion, it is easier to look chic, modern, and edgy in black (which is my preferred style) than it is in browns.

For home decor, I love warm earthy colors in shades of brown and green.  Black seems sterile and cold for a home environment, but when it comes to fashion, I veer towards the completely opposite direction.

I scarcely wear brown because I rarely seem to find the right combination of browns that I don't find to be too dowdy or conservative, especially when it comes to work wear (brown dress pants, skirts, for example).
Suit:  The Limited (old) (Similar jacket:  see here; Similar pants:  see here)
Top:  The Limited (old)
Today, I decided to wear my chocolate brown suit that hasn't left my closet since last January.  I think the suit is slightly large and am thinking that this suit may be ready for resale (more discussion here).  That said, I love the pretty sorbet colors and watercolory pattern of this top.  I also think the mix of dark brown and grey is classy.
Shoes:  Target (Similar: See here)
Earrings:  The Limited
Bracelets:  The Limited
What is your perspective on wearing shades of brown?  Do you like them?  Do you find them harder to wear than black?  Why/Why not?

Does your personal style match your tastes in home decor?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!