9.12.2012

A Little Pep(lum) in Your Step

Peplums are huge for fall (more about peplums here).

I am having a little bit of a love affair with the peplum (see previous peplum looks here and here).

Peplums can be super flattering for curvy women.  A properly placed peplum can disguise a belly bulge while minimizing a waist and accentuating curves.
Dress:  New York & Company (Available here)
I love the simplicity and modernity of this dress.  I had the skirt portion of this dress tapered to better accentuate my curves and to make the peplum detail really stand out.
Cuff:  Express (Available here)
I added this modern, sculptural cuff and navy pumps for a slightly unexpected touch.
Cardigan:  The Limited (Similar:  here)
Shoes:  Target (Available here)
The dark purple cardigan kept me cozy in the chilly office.  I like the subtle pops of color that the cardi and shoes add to the look; however, I would have preferred a cropped bolero-style faux leather jacket to show off the peplum shape.  I am adding that to my October wish list!!
My favorite peplum look to date!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!