9.19.2012

Day-to-night Dress Up

Hi everyone,

Hope your weather is as lovely as ours has been here in the Midwest.  Today was gorgeous, and I celebrated this Wednesday with my favorite black dress made special with this awesome web necklace.
Dress:  Target (see styled here also)
Necklace:  The Limited (Available here)
Purse:  Express (Available here)
I love the artisan feel of this necklace and how well it works with the v-neck line of the dress.
Jacket:  The Limited (Available here)
Shoes:  Target (Available here)
The blue jacket and navy pumps don't "match" but I like the color range mix from the medium blue jacket to the black of the dress.  Mixing blues and blacks is popular for fall, but I have been semi-obsessed with this color combination since late spring.

An LBD is a no-brainer for day-to-evening work wear.  A black sheath is completely appropriate for the workplace, and the fitted shape with cool jewelry make it perfect for a night out.
Clutch:  Jason Wu for Target (Similar here)
Ring on right hand:  H&M (close-up here)
Earrings:  The Limited (Available here)
To make the look more evening, I added some sexier shoes and a clutch.  I took my hair down from its topknot, and voila - I was ready for an evening out in less than a minute!

I think this look would be perfect for a work-related dinner as it still looks professional, just more relaxed.
Shoes:  Target (old)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!