9.14.2012

Coated Denim & Houndstooth

It's Friday people!!!!

I've been dying to try out my new coated denim.  Today, I decided to try these jeans in a casual Friday look that also functions as an easy day-to-night look.
Jeans:  Target (Available here)
Bag:  Express (Available here)
I love the look of leather, but due to personal beliefs, I choose not to wear it.  These vegan (and cheaper) alternatives are great because you get the nice lightweight feel of denim with the look of leather.  I did notice that during the day (after 8 hours in the office) the jeans started sagging in spots (as you can see in pics), but it didn't bother me too much.
Blouse:  New York & Company (Available in blue and black here)
Blazer:  The Limited (Similar here)
Houndstooth plaid is a perennial fall favorite, and it is big for this fall.  I love this feminine blouse with the high-neck bow and peek-a-boo keyhole neckline.  Adding a blazer dresses the look up a bit for the workplace.
Cuff:  New York & Company (Similar here)
Shoes:  Target (Available here)
I added burgundy pumps for a pop of color and a little bit of extra shine.
With kids, I rarely go out after work, but I would definitely wear this look for a night out with the girls.  Take off the blazer and loosen the neckline, and the look is relaxed and subtly sexy.
Do you like the look of coated denim?

What do you like to wear to transition from day to night?  Check out my blogs next week for a series on day-to-night fashion!

More on the leather trend:  here

More on the burgundy trend:  here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!