9.20.2012

Sweet and Salty

Happy Thursday!

I'm obsessed with faux leather this fall.  These pants are my first September wish list purchase.
Pants:  The Limited (Available here)
Top:  Torrid
Tote:  The Limited
The leather tuxedo stripe is cool, and I like that the pants are slim fit but not super skinny.

I paired these pants with a comfy crochet and sequin tank from summer and my pale pink blazer.

To bring the look together, I added a skull scarf.  The scarf is a total knock-off of Alexander McQueen's famous skull print scarf; however, unlike the hefty price tag of the McQueen scarf, I acquired this scarf for next to nothing.  

While I love a fabulous accessory and will occasionally splurge for a piece I love, I prefer inexpensive accessories to vary and update my wardrobe each season.
Zodiac rings:  H&M
Bracelet:  The Limited
I love how the faux leather and skulls add a salty touch to the sweet crochet of the top and pink of the blazer.
Blazer:  New York & Company (Available in black online here)
Scarf:  eBay (Available here)
To keep the look more professional at work, I used the scarf as a purse accessory rather than as a focal piece of the outfit.  

For evening, I could easily throw on the scarf to toughen (and warm) up the look.
Clutch:  Target (old)
Shoes:  Target (old)
The faux leather details and slim fit of the pants make these an easy day-to-night piece.  Switching out the work tote for a clutch and rocking the scarf, I'd wear this outfit to dinner, for drinks, or even a first date (if I were single, of course). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!