10.22.2012

Fine and Dandy

Today I was Inspired by menswear. I pulled my vest from the back of my closet and paired it with my favorite black suit.  
Suit:  The Limited Black Collection (Similar pants here; Similar vest here; Similar blazer here)
I have worn vests off and on since junior high school. I have never stopped liking them, but for some reason, I find my vest to be an occasional piece that I only put out a few times a year.
Belt:  The Limited
Tank:  Old Navy Petites (Similar here)
I love the look of traditionally masculine looks, like this three piece suit, on women.  The polkadot scarf, worn like a necktie, adds a slightly quirky touch.  It also helped conceal cleavage during work hours.
Scarf:  The Limited (old)
Shoes:  Target (old)
Menswear inspired fashion was very popular on fall runways, so this outfit feels right on trend but very "me" at the same time.

Lest the look be too masculine, I wore my hair down and threw on a cuff to give it that feminine mix.
Cuff:  The Limited
Tote:  New York & Company (Similar here)
Do you have items in your wardrobe of which you don't want to let go, but that you don't wear too often?

Do you like the menswear look on women? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!