10.29.2012

Birthday Suit

Blazer:  Ann Taylor Petites (Available here)
Pants:  The Limited (Available here)
What did you think I meant?  ;-D

Hope you all had a fabulous day!  Today is my birthday, and I wanted a special look that really captured the essence of my personal style.
Blouse:  Ann Taylor Petites (Available here)
Tank:  The Limited (Available here)
Necklace:  The Limited
The man treated me to a black velvet suit and this lovely green blouse for my birthday.  

The entire velvet suit seemed much too formal for the workplace, so I decided to skip the velvet pants and paired the velvet blazer with simple skinny black pants.
Purse:  Express (Available here)
Shoes:  Target
Velvet is probably my favorite fabric.  I just find it so sensual and sexy.

I remember seeing velvet suits by Tom Ford for Gucci in a magazine back in 1996.  I was a college student who was just starting to get out of her grunge phase.  

I was so enamored with the Gucci suits.  I loved the strong look of the women walking down the runway in this traditionally masculine look.

A 2012 Gucci velvet look:
Gucci Velvet Tuxedo Suit, Source: Saks Fifth Avenue
A velvet suit is so perfect for more formal occasions. I would definitely wear the full suit for a work holiday party.  I would also wear with the suit with a slinky top for a special date night.
Would you wear a velvet suit?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!