10.08.2012

Crying Foulard

Traditional menswear-inspired fabrics and looks were very popular on fall runways.  Personally, I love this trend as I enjoy mixing feminine and masculine pieces in my wardrobe.
Jacket:  The Limited (Available here)
Pants:  The Limited (Similar here)
Clutch:  1980s Vintage
This foulard (pronounced fu-lard) print jacket takes traditional men's tie fabric and turns it into a versatile lightweight blazer.
Purse Necklace:  1960s Vintage Judith Leiber
Bracelets:  World Market; The Limited
Rings:  H&M (Available in stores)
The flowy blouse and heels keep the look feminine, and I like the mix of burgundies and reds in the shoes, blazer, and heels.  

I do think the top was a little long for the jacket, making the look a little sloppy.  Next time, I would wear this jacket with a shorter or tucked-in top.
Blouse:  Gap
Tank:  Target (Similar here)
Shoes:  Target (Similar here)
Would you wear the menswear trend?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!