10.19.2012

Casual Friday, 80s Flair

Happy Friday!!!!  

First, let me apologize for today's pics.  I can't seem to get the lighting right indoors.  :-(

On today's casual Friday, I went with my favorite skinny bootcut jeans and paired them with a houndstooth plaid top and light pink blazer.
Jeans:  The Limited (Available here)
Blouse:  New York & Company (Sold out online, view here)
I like how the look is slightly 80s.  The pastel blazer, the pushed up sleeves, and the neck-tie on the blouse all channel the 80s without making me look like an extra from "Pretty in Pink."  
Blazer:  New York & Company (Available in black here)
I love vintage, but it's very important to me that the any vintage or vintage-feel piece be worn in a modern way.  In my opinion, too much vintage can look a little costumey, which is great for Halloween but not every day wear. 
Tote:  New York & Company (Similar here)
Shoes:  Target (old)

Bow ring:  The Limited (Sold out online, see here)
Do you like 80s fashion?  What 80s inspired or vintage pieces would you wear?
Bracelet:  The Limited (Sold out online, see here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!