10.25.2012

Black is the New Black

Some people may find an all-black look boring.  While I love color, I love mixing textures and shapes of black pieces to create all-black looks that are interesting and flattering.  I love how all-black looks can go from edgy to romantic to classic to gothic depending on how you style them.

Just this week,  I've worn three black outfits:

Monday's three-piece suit look was classic, but quirky and masculine.
Tuesday's Chanel-inspired look was classic modern with a touch of romance.

Jacket:  The Limited (Available here)
Dress:   New York & Company (Similar here) (Styled differently here)
Today's all-black look is modern and edgy.  I paired my new black quilted faux leather jacket with my black peplum dress.
Shoes:  Target
Earrings:  Target
A black bag and silver earrings complete the simple look.
Purse:  The Limited
For more on the peplum trend, see here.
For more on the leather trend (and my views on real leather), see here
.

How do you like to rock all-black looks?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!