10.03.2012

Tried and True

Hey everyone!

Today, I didn't have an outfit planned out, so in a pinch, I chose my favorite black suit.
Trousers:  The Limited Black Collection (Similar here)
Blazer:  The Limited Black Collection (Similar here)
Purse:  New York & Company (Similar here)
I really do think a black suit is a wonderful staple in my closet.

I could wear this suit twice a week and be happy.  It's completely professional and classic, but it can be styled in a myriad of ways, and because it's black, it's easy to give the suit a slight touch of moody glamour.

Today, I chose an ivory silky cowl neck top to pair with it.  A cowl neck is just as flattering as a v-neck, but adds a little more design and dimension to a top.  The flowers on this top look like a charcoal drawing, which is so gorgeous.  Seriously, I don't think the pictures do this blouse justice.
Blouse:  The Limited (old)
Earrings:  Target (old)
The only downside of this top (and being so petite) is that the print goes down the full length of the blouse, but the blouse is much too long to wear without tucking.  I'm literally losing half of this blouse's lovely print by tucking.  :-(
Bracelet:  Target (old)
Belt:  The Limited
For more on why I love suits (especially this black one), see here.

Do you have any favorite tried and true wardrobe staples?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!