10.24.2012

Mix It Up!

I love dresses for their ease and comfort; however, they definitely offer fewer styling options than pants or skirts.  Pants and skirts offer lots of mix and match options that allow you to create a range of versatile styles.  

With most pants or skirts, you could wear them more than once a week, and with different styling, no one would know.  With dresses, there's only so many ways to wear them and they tend to be more memorable, which definitely makes styling them more limiting. 
Dress:  New York & Company (Similar here)
Blazer:  The Limited (Available here)
Today, I wore my cobalt dress.  I chose the same formula as the last time I wore it:  blazer, belt, tights, and boots. 

For how I wore the blue dress before, see here and here.  For the blazer in another look, see here.
Tights:  Target (Similar here)
Belt:  The Limited (Similar here)
Earrings:  The Limited
This time, I chose a thinner belt, my grey suit jacket and grey and black leopard tights. 

I like the combination of cobalt blue, black, and grey.  I also like the idea of taking a piece as potentially stuffy as a classic grey blazer and loosening it up with bright blue and leopard print.
Boots:  Payless
Purse:  The Limited
Ring:  Purchased at local jewelry show
Do you like dresses, or do you tend to stick with pants and/or skirts?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!